We’re Open If You Are
Our Amenities & Services
Individualized Meal Plans
Much like working with your own dietitian or nutritionist, pigs eat based on plans created by highly trained animal nutritionists so they receive the ideal balance of nutrients to help them grow and thrive at every age and stage. These diets are designed to meet the specific needs of a pig’s various life stages, helping them grow and stay healthy.
Highest Level of Care
Pig farmers’ number one priority is to raise safe and nutritious pork for consumers by ensuring their animals are comfortable and well cared for. They do this by:
- providing food, water and an environment that promotes the well-being of animals
- providing proper care, handling and transportation of pigs
- protecting pig health and providing appropriate treatment by licensed veterinarians, as needed
Extensive Staff Training
On-farm experience, coursework and certifications help all farm workers provide the best care for their pigs.
Certification programs including Pork Quality Assurance® Plus (PQA Plus) and Transportation Quality Assurance (TQA) help ensure those involved in caring for and transporting pigs are trained in the best practices.
These programs represent a commitment of the entire pork industry to provide a healthy, wholesome and safe supply of pork.
- 85% of pork farmers are PQA Plus certified
- 98% of animal transporters are TQA certified
- 99% of all caretakers have the training needed for their responsibilities
Rigorous Cleaning Schedules
Every pig farm creates customized biosecurity based on government guidelines and requirements. some common biosecurity guidelines include:
- requiring farm employees to shower and/or change into dedicated clothes & shoes before entering pig barns
- designating lines of separation dividing the inside, clean area of pig barns from the outside
- keeping up with feed equipment maintenance to prevent spillage that could attract unwanted wildlife
Over 60,000 locations across the United States.
Providing safe, nutritious food is pig farmers’ most important responsibility. Food safety is top of mind in everything they do on the farm.
Pig farmers are committed to animal well-being. Safe food begins with healthy, safe animals and the best possible care.
Pig Farmers use rigorously tested technologies to ensure that pork is high quality and safe.
Over the past six decades, pig farming has significantly reduced its environmental impact.
Effective employee education and training are crucial in creating a safe, ethical workplace.
As good neighbors and responsible citizens, pig farmers are dedicated to giving back and making their communities even stronger.